What’s the hack…?
Weave-Media is a technology to integrate your customers smart phones into your business processes. In case a photo can be useful to support your process weave-media is might a quite good solution to you… For example:
- reading data from an identity card
- scanning data from vehicle registration to estimate a car insurance
- sending fotos of a damage to customers support in a online chat
in all this cases you can use the weave-media technology to easy integrate photos into a running business process.
What do i need to do?
The frontend of weave-media is implemented as a web component. There for you have to:
1) load the java-script file into your page
2) at the position you want to display the frontend enter <wm-display></wm-display>
Give it a try…
How can i integrate it on my site?
The code to add this functionality to your website is very small. In the head of your page add the following two lines:
<!-- Load the polyfills first --> <script src="https://unpkg.com/@webcomponents/webcomponentsjs/webcomponents-loader.js"></script> <!-- Now the most browsers can handle web components, load the wm-display tag --> <script src="http://symfony.spraener.de/js/wm-display.js"></script>
This will add a custom html tag to your page. Inside the page you can now add the wm-display tag as follows:
If you want, you can set a titel and a userinfo property as follows:
<wm-display titel="This is the title of the MediaRequest" userinfo="it would be very nice if you press the button, scan the QRCode and send us a photo"></wm-display>
The titel and userinfo can be used to describe your needs.
In the free version there are 3 restrictions to avoid server overload.
1) Every uploaded picture is shrinked to 1M-Pixel size.
2) A media request is deleted after 12 hours.
3) The system runs on my self hosted server. This server is down from 0:00 to 07:00 CEST.
WeaveMedia as WordPress Plugin
There’s also a WordPress plugin that allows you to integrate WeaveMedia into your page. That works as simple as adding a wm-display hook to your page. Like this one
If you don’t want the complete display but only the QR-Code visible, you should use the wm-qrcode hook. This shows only the QR code:
All uploaded images can be listed by a wm-imglist hook like this: